Once upon a time , there was a tradition in the rural and urban areas of Kashmir Valley that poultry was raised in every house. It was useful in various ways. It would adorn the courtyards , increase the family income and please the special guests.
The elders of the house used to play an important role in raising the poultry fowls. As stated already, those birds improved the economic condition of the people — whenever someone in the family needed a small amount of money, he used to sell one or two of those birds to meet his needs. The eggs and meat of those domestic fowls were much better than farm eggs and the meat of farm chickens.
Chickens, ducks, turkeys, and geese are of primary commercial importance. Among all of them, the most popular and commonly used are chickens and their eggs.
Benefits of Chicken Meat
Eating chicken is very beneficial for health but eating too much of it can definitely be harmful. According to experts, if your weight is between 65 to 75 kgs, you can eat 200 grams of chicken per day, eating more than this can lead to weight gain or obesity. Chicken is one of the best sources of protein, which is beneficial for building muscle strength and structure while helping to flush out toxins.
Eating chicken usually induces a sense of relief in people due to the presence of the amino acid tryptophan, an amino acid that increases serotonin levels in the brain and has a positive effect on mood.
Chicken is an excellent source of selenium, an antioxidant that fights aging-related diseases, including inflammatory diseases, vascular problems, and brain problems. This antioxidant also fights against cell-damaging compounds
Chicken is rich in vitamin B3, which helps the body convert carbohydrates into energy, thereby lowering cholesterol levels and reducing the risk of heart disease.
Being rich in vitamin B6, chicken meat improves metabolism and helps in controlling body weight by stimulating it.
Although chicken is beneficial for health, the way it is cooked affects its nutritional benefits. If chicken is cooked in oil or ghee or is heavily spiced, it is not as healthy as it is believed to be.
Eggs are full of many nutrients and that is why they are considered as one of the most nutritious food we can get.
Eggs have been eaten as part of a healthy and balanced diet for thousands of years. Eggs are considered a cheap, economical source of high quality protein. There are many types of edible eggs in different sizes and flavors from chicken, duck, quail and others, but chicken meat and eggs are the most popular and commonly used.
Chicken is easy to cook and it is also rich in protein and low in fat, making it a healthier choice than red meat
Eggs are a good source of protein, vitamin D, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium, lutein, zeaxanthin, choline and minerals such as zinc, iron and copper..
Why you should eat two eggs every day?
1. You will protect your liver. B-vitamins aren’t the only ovular micronutrients that contribute to eggs beneficial effects on liver health. Eggs are also in the nutrient choline.
2. You’re slowing down the aging process
Yellow organic pigments contain carotenoids (antioxidants) which can slow down the aging process.
3. You’ll lose weight by eating the white of the eggs.
4. You are doing your skin and hair a favour by eating eggs. Biotin, vitamin, B12, and protein are important for healthy hair and radiant skin.
5. You’re lowering your risk of cardiovascular diseases. This is because eggs contain omega-3 fatty acids
6. You’re keeping your eyes healthy. Vitamin A, lutein and zeaxanthin help the eye with light/dark vision, color vision and daytime vision, while protecting the eye from free radicals.
7. You’re lowering the risk of birth defects.
Vitamin B8 (folic acid) protects the unborn baby from damage to the central nervous system.
8. You’re keeping your bones healthy. Vitamin D and calcium are very important for healthy bones and teeth.
9. you’re protecting your brain. Your brain and nervous system require the nutrient choline for transmitting to stimuli.
10. You’ll boost your immune system. If you don’t want to play with infections, viruses and diseases, add an egg or two on your daily
11. You’ll save your life. It can make 11 essential amino acids, which are necessary to sustain life. Thing is there are 20 essential amino acids that your body needs.
13. You’ll lower inflammation. Lower inflammation has widespread health benefits that range from lowering risk of cardiovascular disease to improving the body’s ability to break down fat.
More benefits of eggs:
Boost brain power.
Protect eye health.
Facilitate muscle building.
Improve your mood.
Lower risk of cancer.
Encourage healthy hair and nails.
Helps in maintaining healthy weight.
Kids should eat eggs, especially
‘Mindful eating is about awareness when you eat mindfully, you slow down, pay attention to the food, you’re eating, and taste every bite.’
Health is the best gift of God to you. Take care of your health by consuming the healthful foods. One of the best healthful foods is domestic poultry.